The McDermott Associates Code of Ethics
At McDermott Associates, we are committed to serving our clients ethically. As members of the Association of Management Consulting Firms, we adhere to AMCF's strict Code of Ethics.
A Commitment to Act Ethically
The Code of Ethics assures the users of consulting services that AMCF members are publicly committed to providing the highest quality work. Member firms subscribe to this Code of Ethics or maintain a substantially similar Code of Ethics.
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence and objectivity.
- We will keep client information and records of client engagements confidential and will use proprietary client information only with the client's permission.
- We will not take advantage of confidential client information for ourselves.
- Before undertaking an engagement, we will disclose to our clients -- prospective or existing -- any conflicts of interest whereby our knowledge of specific client actions and information risks compromising their success.
- We will accept only engagements for which we are qualified by our experience and competence.
- We will assign staff to client engagements in accord with their experience, knowledge, and expertise.
- We will immediately acknowledge any influences on our objectivity to our clients and will offer to withdraw from a consulting engagement when our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- We will agree independently and in advance on the basis for our fees and expenses and will charge fees and expenses that are reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with the services we deliver and the responsibility we accept.
- We will disclose to our clients in advance any fees or commissions that we expect to receive for equipment, supplies, or services we recommend to our clients.
- We will respect the intellectual property rights of our clients, other consulting firms, and sole practitioners and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner and will not misrepresent the consulting profession, consulting firms, or sole practitioners.
- We will encourage reporting of violations of this Code of Ethics by member firms to the AMCF Board of Directors